Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall

Just the other day it felt like summer would never end, but now I have on wool socks and am baking.  I know it is really fall because I have the cookbooks out and am ready to make real meals again instead of making only what doesn't heat up the kitchen.  In the last few days I have made
rolls for dinner tonight

  • bread
  • rolls (twice - the first was a bit of a disaster and I felt the need to try them again)
  • stew (two different kinds, including one from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home, one of my favorite cookbooks)
  • caramelized apple pecan pie (from a NY Times recipe, but it was still easy)
  • apple crisp (from a recipe I received at a wedding shower)
  • potato onion frittata (from Quick Vegetarian Pleasures, another favorite - my copy is really my older sister's and she is on a cookbook tour in China right now and not using it)

No comments:

Post a Comment