Monday, October 8, 2012

A Tale of Two Sets of Wheels, Part Two

I did not get in the car yesterday, although I should have filled the tank before the price of gas jumped another 20 cents. (Why is there a $ key but not a ¢ key?)  The gas in the car was purchased at either $3.999 or $4.019/gallon.  The price at the Arco on the way home from the pool (which I cycled to) was $4.599/gallon this morning.
I love finding these little bridges.
I have to drive to goalkeeper practice and regular practice this evening, but this morning I ran errands by bicycle.  The weather was ideal and I had plenty of time to toodle around.

Here is another little bridge.
I like these bridges because they remind of shortcuts around Ithaca.

However, I know it isn't Ithaca because there is no curb cut for bicycles.

The view is different, too.  I suppose you could imagine that this is a tree-lined gorge of a different sort.

I took my time so I could notice things along the way.


A new playground was being installed in Emerald Park in La Verne.

Here's a little art on the alley side of a building.


This tree slice (cross-section) is in front of La Verne Heights Elementary School.  It was a 500-year-old tree that had been in front of the school but was determined to be a safety hazard because it was obstructing the sidewalk and street.  A major portion of the tree was used by a local artist to create doors for the local public library.  A detailed account is here.  According to the school secretary, the artist's wife is now a substitute teacher at the same school where her husband used to climb the tree.


1 comment: