Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Training

It looks so much shorter on a map.

In order to enjoy a 50 mile bike ride at high altitude I decided I should so some training.  I started going to spin class twice a week and when that didn't fit my schedule I hit the road.  I thought I would do a couple loops up a long, gentle road, back down, and around again.  When I made it to the top of the loop I decided to try to go beyond the gentle climb.  I set little goals (a road sign, the dam), and I realized I was going to make it.  For the first time I climbed to the intersection of Mt. Baldy and Shinn Road on my single.
I rode this bike because it has more gears.

My view just before the intersection.
This is the road toward Mt. Baldy Village.  It looks steeper in person, but maybe I'll try it next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment