Monday, July 9, 2012

Quiet kitchen

Yesterday was unusual because I ate three meals in three different places and none of them were at home.

Breakfast was preceded by a hike with my next door neighbors who hike the Garcia Trail every Sunday.  It is only 1.2 two miles one way, but there is 1040' elevation gain.  Whew.  The post-hike meal is always at Los Jarritos, where the waiter brought their coffee without being asked and we all had huevos racheros and corn tortillas (mine without meat).  We did not join the line of people who brought in their pots to be filled with menudo (Mexican soup made with tripe).

Garcia Trail, which starts in Asuza (see the A in the upper-left hand corner)

Lunch was part of a farewell party for friends, who are headed to Oxford for a sabbatical year.  It turns out a lot of their friends are my friends, too, so it was nice to see a lot people I hadn't seen since school got out.  I am sad to see so many people head off for the year (am I sad because they are going or because I am not?), but I do enjoy the send-off events.

Dinner was with the extended family (minus the boys, who are at camp) at the Thai Orchid Garden.  My sister-in-law had just returned and told stories about her adventures in Africa (cute baby elephants and no hippo attacks).  Good food and good company.

All meals today have been at home, but you never know what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment