Monday, February 21, 2022

Different Neighborhood

Once a week and friend and I walk, hike, or bike. We usually take the same route each time because it is easy, but this time we tried something new.

We went up a steep street and then went
down along each and every side street.

There were lots of fancy homes and cool front doors, but I was glad I didn't live there and have to ride up that hill each day.

from Google Maps
As we turned around one cul-de-sac I wondered why
there was a big chunk of rocky concrete in a mini island.



I hadn't noticed anything when we first passed it.



Looking closer we could see a shield


and an explanatory plaque.


"Guanajuato Drive
Named in honor
of Claremont's sister city
Guanajuato, Mexico
Dedicated to the advancement 
Of international goodwill
December 10, 1963"

I thought it was interesting and unusual and was surprised I could not find anything online about it. It was a bit of serendipity on our morning outing.


One more bonus was finding a new-to-me concrete stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment