Sunday, January 23, 2022

Powerless

 Or maybe I should have titled the post Powerful. I complained that the water in the swimming pool was too hot (sorry, Dad) and then a windstorm came through town and knocked the power out all over, including to the heater for the swimming pool. Be careful what you ask for.

Even though we were without power I was able to
make a cup of coffee with a kettle on the gas stove.


We have some hand-cranked flashlights but I was
happy to be able to use our solar lantern.


Our generous neighbor rushed out and got a generator in the morning and brought over a cord for our refrigerator! I was lucky that I had not gone the store on Friday as originally planned so nothing was lost.

What was lost were a tremendous number of trees. At some point I had to stop checking out the neighborhood because it was overwhelming.





No comments:

Post a Comment