Thursday, December 31, 2020

Backstory

 


All the toys I need for work have backstories.

The Duplo in the background are probably from a yard sale but they have an important role and can't go.
The cylindrical toy is from the HABA outlet store in Skaneateles, about an hour from Ithaca, NY. Even though I am not so fond of driving, the destination made it worth it. I love the HABA toys and have found so many different ways to play with this one - a keeper!


Another HABA treasure. It looks so simple but there are so many different uses. The favorite one these days is to put the little people in upside down and giggle about it. 

Most shape sorters are too busy for my tastes, but the real reason I like this is because it is the same as the one that was in my house (maybe I used it? maybe my little sister used it?). I have put away some of the more complex shapes for now.

My oldest child received this from the parent of children I used to babysit. It is one of the few stuffed toys I have kept to be played with. I have other stuffed toys that sit by my bed.


I bought these stacking cups at the school yard sale about
twenty years ago. I love the way that because of the
different grooves they can stack by size and by color. 

This does not even touch on children's books. Maybe when we have an empty nest I will set up a mini children's library in one room. Or not so mini. I have no new year's resolution about getting rid of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment