Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Start of Vacation

On our way to Mammoth we made two stops. 

A visit to Manzanar is not an upbeat occasion
but we did not regret learning a bit more.

Not far away is Erick Schat's Bakery, which is a popular place
on a Sunday in the summer. After getting a few things
we enjoyed a picnic in the city park across the street.

When we first arrived in town we had time to get in a little ride. The guys went off to meet friends and do a more technical ride.
I rode the uptown trail to
Earthquake Fault, which is really an enormous fissure.
I rode the downtown trail back to the room, which was not a whole lot easier for me than going uphill. I guess I am more of a pavement kind of person. The good thing was that it was late enough in the day that there were very few people on the trail. The other good thing was staying at a place a very short distance from the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment