Monday, May 6, 2019

Weekend Tournament

I don't post about bike race weekends because I don't go to those since I am in charge of soccer (last year I was in charge of speech and debate). It has been a fairly even division of labor.


This weekend's tournament was in a soccer complex on the outskirts of Redlands, about forty minutes east of here. Each team was given a bag of oranges, maybe from the orchards right across the street.


I was too cheap to pay for parking and got lucky enough
to twice find a good spot on the street. I even parallel
parked on the first try. I was so proud of myself!

That's my kid in blue.

The kids all got pins

and t-shirts.


The team came in fourth place
(not gold, silver, or bronze - maybe this is copper?).

I was most proud that A. received this sportsmanship pin.

1 comment: