Friday, July 27, 2018

I Voted!

When I got an email reminding military and overseas voters to return their ballots I knew there was a problem. Because California changed its rules in order to increase voter turnout there had been no election last November because it was an odd year. The most recent time I had voted had been when we were overseas and I hadn't changed my address back to the US. I didn't have a ballot to return.

I went to the polls on election day and they asked me to turn in my mail-in ballot in order to vote. When I was unable to do that they gave me a pink envelope with a form to complete and a regular ballot. After voting my ballot was placed in the pink envelope and I was told my ballot would be counted within the thirty-day limit and I could check the status online.

After thirty days I did check and the site said my ballot was counted. I also changed my address back to California and made the big decision to permanently vote by mail. I figure I can turn my ballot in at a polling place if I want. If I am working the election I don't have to worry about making time to vote.

All that was great and then I got mail!
Now I am set for November. If only people would stop asking me to run for office!

No comments:

Post a Comment