Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Love is in the Air

I had a bit of time before a meeting so I stopped by the library (which was closed or it would have taken me more than a bit of time) to return a book and the post office to buy some stamps. Lines have been short and I had exact change so I thought it would be quick.


There was a short line that moved quickly but the first slowdown was choosing which love stamp I wanted. In the end I decided I liked the top one, which is last year's design.

The next slowdown was when the postal worker told me the exact change I had was incorrect because the rates had gone up recently. I was shocked because I had not read about it in any newspaper (you would think they would publish it there since I would guess people who read the newspaper on paper are the kind of people who go to the post office to buy stamps). Also I was amazed because my mom had not mentioned it. Even more amazing was when I called my mom she said she did not know, either. I have to say that scooping my mom on any news is worth the penny more per stamp!

We chatted a bit more and I learned that my mom had given blood that day and is only a pint away from sixteen gallons! I had an appointment to donate that afternoon and had just been debating whether to buy liver and onions at a diner. I have been rejected for low iron so many times I have become desperate. Instead I had iron-fortified cereal, oranges, and an iron pill for breakfast and lunch. Ta da! Now I am five pints away from ten gallons. I wonder if I will get to sixteen before they invent an effective blood substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment