Friday, June 5, 2015

The End

The school year is coming to end and our time is full.  It was a pleasure to have R. honored by the high school's World Language Department.  R. was also encouraged to consider taking a German literature class at the colleges.

Today the sixth graders in A.'s class gave their exit reflections.  This unusually close group of kids shared their strengths, weaknesses, memories, and hopes.  It seems that they each took the assignment seriously and I was grateful to have a chance to hear each person speak.

A. chose to use the vowels to represent each year at the school (including Y).   For example, A was for Afternoon because he was in the afternoon kindergarten, and then he talked a bit more about the year.  Good thing we were gone for one year or he would have had to have a different theme.

In the spring the principal asked if anyone would help with the yearbook and I offered to do a little task.  Guess how many others offered?  I recruited a couple people to help and will be eternally grateful that a new mom stepped up and did the layout.  I will be so happy when they are distributed next week!

D. has been the busiest and I promise to write another blog post and include pictures of his beautiful new building.

Oh no - his mailbox is full already!

No comments:

Post a Comment