We started the visit at Union Station. She took the bus from LAX and I took the train and we met at the fish tank near the red line. We took the red line to Pershing Square and thought of our dad
![]() |
who liked to buy Thrifty ice cream for 25¢! |
![]() |
That night the kids and the cool aunt went to see Comedy Sportz at the high school.
One family member is almost an honorary member.
|
The next day was spent in town, walking to the village, going to a soccer game, and having dinner with the extended family. And that was enough!
Our last day was spent at The Getty Center. The weather was great and it was not crowded. After the introductory movie we took an architectural tour.
![]() |
| I wish the guide had not pointed out that one part of the building is held up by these spindly columns. He then explained why it was okay, but I don't want to think about it. |
![]() |
| We also learned about the top floors using sunshine to light the gallery, which was new at the time. I don't understand how this works, either. |
![]() |
| I had known about the fossils in the travertine and was happy to find one. |
![]() |
| I thought we had been told there was no modern art, but there is sculpture garden that I had not seen before. |
![]() |
| It was a beautiful day to explore and relax. I look forward to more visits. |







I don't think I've ever done anything so wonderful on the same day that I had a flight.
ReplyDelete