![]() |
| Fuzzy picture because I took it from inside the house behind the screen in hopes that she wouldn't notice that I watching! |
Then it was my turn to be in charge. The good news is I stayed calm. The bad news is I was so calm my reflexes to grab the steering wheel or scream or something did not kick in. The good news is that she hit the brakes instead of the car in the parking lot! We found a new spot and after a bit decided to give up on learning stick shift while simultaneously learning to drive.
Since we have just the one car we had to find a kind, loving, and generous owner of an automatic transmission car. Hooray for grandparents!
All of a sudden driving an automatic seemed easy! She even got up to thirty mph today! Reading NY Times articles (here and here) makes me grateful for our quiet town!


So exciting!!!! I'm impressed by your calm.
ReplyDeleteI came across two driving quotes and thought of both of you.
"Using your turn signal is not giving secret information to the enemy."
and
16 is 1 in driving years