Friday, January 11, 2013

Optimism

Why do I imagine my future self will have more time than my present self?  Here are a few things my past self started and imagined my future self would finish (does not include jigsaw puzzle started with by mom this week that WILL get finished).


I was hoping to have this done by December first to mail off to Hurricane Sandy people with all the other scarves collected by a yarn store.  This is usually worked on at meetings and I have several next week so maybe it will be done by the beginning of February.


Before we had kids we went to the Bar Mitzvah of the rabbi's son.  The mom had a cloth signed at the boy's naming and and then embroidered it and used it as part of the Bar Mitzvah.  I did the same thing and am making progress with a deadline three and one-half years away.


I worry about this one.  I bought the wool in Scotland in 1991.  I started knitting with it in 1995.  I have the front, back, and more than half the sleeves done.  Would I even wear it if I finished it?

University Women used to have a group that got together monthly to work on unfinished projects.  Anyone want to start a new group?

1 comment:

  1. Okay-- this makes me feel better about my unfinished hat started a year ago. Wish you still lived here and you could help me finish it!

    ReplyDelete